Known for helping clients reach settlement, Bob is committed to resolving divorce and other family law issues in the least adversarial way possible.
Advocating for the best interests of the entire family, Bob applies his skills in Collaborative Law, mediation and direct negotiation to assist clients to attain agreements and stay out of court.
Bob excels in managing complicated financial cases, including the evaluation and division of property. When children are involved, he ensures that their needs are a high priority. Whether representing professionals, executives, athletes, or their spouses, Bob works best with clients looking for a mature, efficient way of divorcing that does not perpetuate destruction.
“My goal is to help divorcing and family law clients make well-informed decisions so they experience a more efficient process and feel more in control over their future.”
A Florida Bar Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Bob practices in the areas of divorce, timesharing of children and parenting plans, child support, alimony, paternity, same sex dissolutions, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, and same sex and unmarried couple partnership agreements.
An experienced Collaborative Law attorney, Bob continually hones his skills in Collaborative Law and trains other professionals in the process. Bob has a long history of being involved in community organizations and taking leadership positions. He recently received the President’s Award from the Florida Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
- Top Lawyers in Florida - Florida Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2013
- Florida Legal Elite - Florida Trend Magazine 2006, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Top Lawyers in South Florida - South Florida Legal Guide Magazine 2003, 2012, and 2013
- The Florida Bar - 1979; U.S. District Court,
- Southern District of Florida and Trial Bar;
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
- University of Florida (B.S., 1976);
- Mercer University and University of Florida (J.D., with honors, 1978);
- Cambridge University & The Institute of Law - Polish Academy of Science (1978);
- "Developing a Collaborative Family Law Practice" Aspatore (2011)
- "The Marital Home - Will It Come Back To Haunt You?" 67 Fla. Bar J. 62 (1993).
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section: Legislation Committee (2011-13), ADR Committee, Chair (2010-2013);
- Board Certified in Marital and Family Law through The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education - 1994–Present
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Court Mediator - 2011–Present
- Coral Gables Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association; Family Law Section and Alternate Dispute Resolution Committee
- American Bar Association Foundation Fellow
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Family Law Institute - President (2008 -2013)
- Collaborative Family Lawyers of South Florida (member)
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Florida (Board Member)
- First Family Law American Inn of Court
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Florida Chapter of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts - Vice President (2012-2013) and Board of Directors
- Eleventh Circuit Court Parenting Coordinators Advisory Group
- Advisory Board of the Center on Children and Families, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Specialized Practice Areas: Family Law, Collaborative Family Law, Family Mediation, Guardian Ad Litem
- Frequent lecturer on Collaborative Family Law
- Martindale Hubbell rating: AV
- Collaborative Family Law Institute Stu Webb Distinguished Service Award - 2012
- Leading Florida Attorneys in Family Law with the Network of Leading American Attorneys
- 1998 Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court Ray H. Pearson Guardian Ad Litem Award
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent Family Law Attorneys
- 2006 Dade County Bar Pro Bono Outstanding Firm Award